Grandparent 2 Grandparent
Most grandparents run into challenges or obstacles in passing on their faith to their grandchildren. Some of these obstacles seem immovable and prayer may be the only thing that will dislodge it. Some of the challenges are confounding: how can I know the right thing to do? This page is for the confounded!
During the next few months we will periodically list some of the most confounding issues on this Disccussion page. To view the discussion or to comment on the issue, click on the link and it will take you to that page.
Here are the first five topics:
- Electronic distractions impede relating. The television, smart phone games, xBox, tablets, own my grandchildren’s attention. I am just not as exciting or addicting. What can I do?
- It’s a long way to from New Jersey to Idaho. I only see my grandchildren once per year. I need ideas on long distance grandparenting!
- I am no longer able to do some activities with my grandchildren because I am in physical decline: (stiff, slow, going deaf). Things I could do, I can’t do any more. What do I do now?
- My young teen grandkids come and stay with me but don’t want to go to church with me (or with their parents). Too boring…
- The parents of our grandchildren don’t discipline them. What do I do when my grandchildren visit?