Below are some of the topics we need covered for the Grandly website.
Testimonies: anything that is inspiring and tells a short story that makes a point
- Surprise: any story that has a positive surprise.
- How I shared my faith with my grandson/granddaughter.
- Some way that God has changed or inspired you to be a better grandparent.
- On an answered prayer for your grandchildren.
- Maximizing a magic moment!
- “I’d never have thought of this, but it worked.”
- Anything that gave you or your grandchildren more virtue: patience, courage, faith, hope, love, wisdom, self control…
- How I started a conversation about Christ, church, prayer, faith, good and evil, with your grandchild.
- How you took advantage of giving your grandchildren a ride – What to talk about / What to listen to
- Ideas on how to get your grandchildren’s attention
- What is Skype? Facetime? How can it help you? (You need not explain everything but include a link to a site that gets them started.)
- Using Instagram or Facebook
- Creative texting
- Tools to help you pray for your grandchildren.
- Ways to remember to pray for your grandchildren.
- Communication tools
- Links to the best gifts to give to young teenage girls/boys.
- List of helpful books for your grandchildren to read, in their different stages of life. E.g.: ten great books to read to eight-year-olds.
- Ideas on what to do with your grandchildren over a week or a weekend.
- Ideas for grandparents who can’t leave their home anymore.
- Ideas on how you stay in touch with your grandchildren living far away from you.
- Great movies every kid should see.
- Review Guideposts for their ideas on:
- GIFT IDEAS
- GAMES TO PLAY
- OUTINGS TO TAKE
- FREE FUN
- ARTS AND CRAFTS
- The strategic grandparent and the value of it.
- Why is it important to be strategic?
- What does it mean to be strategic?
- How can you be strategic?
- Steps to become strategic in praying, thinking, acting.
- What your grandchildren are interested in (articles on their different ages)
- Motivation for other grandparents: You can do this! You can have an impact!
- How to develop a great relationship with your grandchild.
- How to work in unity with the parents of your grandchildren.
- Main ways of communication between young people nowadays
- Social Media and the effect it has on youth
- Technology and youth
- What your grandchildren go through on their schools nowadays
- What kind of spiritual warfare your grandkids are going through
- The lies that the world tells your grandkids (about beauty, about God, about marriage, about sexuality, about faith, about values, about modesty, about church, etc.)