“Grandly-The Strategic Grandparents Club was founded in 2016 by Michael Shaughnessy as an online resource to equip grandparents to share their faith with their grandchildren. As a youth minister, he knew the difference grandparents could make in the lives of their grandchildren. He wondered if it could happen more often. It wasn’t that they lacked the faith. What they lacked was a strategy. If grandparents learned how to think, pray, and act strategically, the way youth workers did, something marvelous would happen. It has. Strategic grandparents have become missionaries to their own grandchildren.”
Grandly: The Strategic Grandparents Club aims to help grandparents fulfill the unique role they have in their grandchildren’s lives, especially in bringing them to faith in Christ.
Today’s youth face challenges to their human and spiritual welfare far greater than ever before. Grandparents who pray, think, and act strategically can be part of the solution.
Grandly is a network of grandparents who inspire each other in this great task! Through our website, www.grandly.org, grandparents can:
- share wisdom, ideas, and experience on such topics as:
- How to work in unity with your grandchildren´s parents
- How to intercede for your grandchildren and keep motivated in doing it
- Ways to make ordinary time into quality time
- Using your finances in ways that can impact your grandchildren
- discover tools to use such as:
- How best to use new technologies such as Instagram, Facetime, Skype or Snapchat
- Great Christmas gift ideas for young teens
- 100 movies worth watching with your grandchildren at each different age level.
- find sources of motivation
- By giving your time, prayers, and counsel in service to other grandparents
- Through testimonies from other grandparents that inspire hope in you
- By having new ideas sparked by something you read or see.
- connect with other grandparents and talk about common concerns like:
- How to support a daughter who is a single mom
- How to relate with your grandchildren who live far away
- How to relate to ones who live across the street or in your house
You will find this and more by joining Grandly: The Strategic Grandparents Club at http://grandly.org/register.
Help us accomplish the mission of equipping grandparents to influence the next generation of youth!
Strategic Grandparents do it grandly!
Pili Galván is the Program Director of Grandly: The Strategic Grandparents Club